Business sales, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) should be carefully planned and assessed to ensure the right commercial, strategic and cultural fit. The process can be complex, with operational, financial and regulatory factors affecting the final outcome.
Planning to buy, sell or merge
If you’re selling, getting the best result means starting the planning process three to five years prior. If you’re buying, you’ll want a true picture of the financial position and operating performance of the target business.
Accru can help you through these complexities. We can help answer questions like:
- How can I be sure of the true value of the business?
- What are the tax merits of the transaction?
- Would I be better placed buying the business directly, or buying shares in the company that owns the business?
- Am I obtaining the benefit of all possible tax concessions?
- How do I know if this transaction will deliver my objectives?
Getting the right support
Accru has completed numerous M&A transactions ranging from a $1m-$200m, including a merger of Australia’s two largest online dating businesses and the sale a major Australian digital marketing company to a Japanese multinational. We can complete all the necessary steps of a transaction including:
- Getting the business structure right
- Due diligence
- Coordinating with all parties involved in the transaction
- Reviewing legal documentation to ensure that it properly encapsulates the parameters of the transaction
- Managing tax liabilities and ensuring that tax concessions are optimised where available
- Making sure your objectives are realised.
Our team works closely with management as well as the organisation’s lawyers. We take care of the financial detail so directors can spend more time focusing on the transaction’s value drivers.
If you’re considering a business transaction, contact us now.