Business sales, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) should be carefully planned and assessed to ensure the right commercial, strategic and cultural fit. The process can be complex, with operational, financial and regulatory factors affecting the final outcome.
Planning to buy, sell or merge
If you’re selling, getting the best result means starting the planning process three to five years prior. If you’re buying, you’ll want a true picture of the financial position and operating performance of the target business.
Accru can help you through these complexities. We can help answer questions like:
- How can I be sure of the true value of the business?
- What are the tax merits of the transaction?
- Would I be better placed buying the business directly, or buying shares in the company that owns the business?
- Am I obtaining the benefit of all possible tax concessions?
- How do I know if this transaction will deliver my objectives?
Getting the right support
Accru has completed numerous M&A transactions ranging from a $1m-$200m, including a merger of Australia’s two largest online dating businesses and the sale a major Australian digital marketing company to a Japanese multinational. We can complete all the necessary steps of a transaction including:
- Getting the business structure right
- Due diligence
- Coordinating with all parties involved in the transaction
- Reviewing legal documentation to ensure that it properly encapsulates the parameters of the transaction
- Managing tax liabilities and ensuring that tax concessions are optimised where available
- Making sure your objectives are realised.
Our team works closely with management as well as the organisation’s lawyers. We take care of the financial detail so directors can spend more time focusing on the transaction’s value drivers.
If you’re considering a business transaction, contact us now.
Accru is an award-winning network of Australian accounting firms
Accru is an award-winning network of independently-owned accounting firms in Australia. We help businesses grow, thrive and generate wealth for their owners…
Just as plants thrive when they are nurtured, businesses succeed when they are supported by people experienced with the challenges they face. At Accru, we…
“Accru Harris Orchard has been our business accountants since 2008. They are highly accessible, approachable and responsive to our needs…”
Our people are naturally experts in their field. With a team of 200 across Australia, you’ll find a myriad of skills to help manage your business and financial challenges.