If you are considering buying a business or shares in a business, then due diligence is vital.
Discovering hidden information
Due diligence is the process of uncovering scenarios that might not be evident from financial statements. For example:
- Who owns the assets?
- Do any undisclosed liabilities exist?
- Are assets adequately protected by way of patent or trademark where relevant?
- Is the vendor involved in a legal dispute?
- How secure are customer relationships?
- If shares are being purchased, does the vendor have a sound tax compliance history?
Accru has completed the due diligence in a number of transactions ranging from a $1m sale of a manufacturing company to a $90m merger of Australia’s two largest online dating businesses.
How Accru can help you
Our services include:
- Reviewing customer and supplier contracts
- Researching industry trends
- Reviewing profit history and establishing its relationship to business cashflow
- Understanding why the vendor wants to sell
- Establishing if there is any history of industrial relations
- Establishing whether the vendor has been involved in any past or present legal disputes
- Reviewing supplier trading terms
- Understanding if the vendor has pledged assets as security outside of what is immediately apparent.
Engaging a due diligence specialist will give you the assurance you need when considering a business purchase. No matter how small the transaction, due diligence should be part of the process.
If you’re considering a business purchase, contact us now.
Accru Due Diligence Experts
Richard’s unique selling point is being able to think outside the box when assessing a business scenario.
He understands the value of good communication and keeping his clients informed.
Fiona is enthusiastic about informing and reassuring clients of their financial position, be it in regard to the value of their businesses, or their tax returns.
Chairman and Managing Director of Accru Melbourne with extensive Audit and Commercial business experience.
His approach builds trust and has enabled him to forge many long-term relationships over his 20-year career.
Steven specialises in external auditing, due diligence, initial public offerings, stock exchange listings and financial reporting.
Start Your Journey
Building a successful company? Want to take your business international? Manage your cashflow better? Buying property? Or do you need an audit?
Find an ACCRU office near you