Starting or growing a foreign enterprise in Australia requires careful management of many factors. Business structure, taxation, key personnel and navigating cultural differences all contribute to the success of German companies in Australia. As Australian accountants with German-speaking heritage, we can provide you with a strong Australian partner.
Founded by Austrian born Gerhard Felser in 1941, Accru Felsers in Sydney has helped many clients from Austria, Germany and Switzerland grow successful Australian businesses for over 78 years. Our experience working with German-speaking inbound clients means we are better able to solve business problems, manage risks and provide insights that enable your business to thrive in Australia.
Our clients include many family-owned companies from the German-speaking areas of Europe with international operations. They are especially active in technology, science, manufacturing, trade, distribution, ecommerce, media and real estate services. We also advise many other international businesses from the UK, European Union and Scandinavia.
German Australian partnerships
Accru Felsers enjoys a long partnership with Roedl & Partner public accountants in Germany who have affiliate offices throughout Europe. Like Roedl firms, we understand the concerns and requirements of German family-owned companies with international operations. Our clients appreciate that and see us as a reliable partner for their Australian audit, outsourced accounting, international tax and business advisory needs.
We also have strong relationships with InterGest business process outsourcing specialists, the Austrian Trade Office and the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Sydney. As a result, we can offer German-speaking businesses useful contacts to German advisors in Europe, Australia and globally.
Benefits for German-speaking companies in Australia
If your business is based in a German-speaking country and entering the Australian market, our team can offer you:
- Chartered accountants who specialise in international business and include bilingual German, French and Chinese speakers.
- A trusted advisor that you can call when needed, including outside normal Australian business hours by arrangement
- Excellent client service, as demonstrated by our recognition in Australia’s professional services ‘Client Choice Awards’ for the past six years.
- Knowledge of both European and Australian reporting standards, business systems and cultures
- Experience with establishing appropriate business vehicles, tax structures and financial reporting systems for German subsidiaries in Australia
- Experience with software integrations to suit German software systems, processes and parent company reporting deadlines
- Strong international tax and transfer pricing expertise with a successful record of passing Multinational Anti-Avoidance Law (MAAL) reviews.
Our services for German companies
We provide a broad range of services tailored to the needs of German-speaking companies in Australia. In brief, these include:
- Advice on sale and acquisition of businesses
- Business valuations
- Due diligence reviews.
- Audit of accounts according to local GAAP, IAS/IFRS or national GAAP
- Assistance with statutory accounts preparation
- Feedback on internal controls.
- Issues of permanent establishments and residency
- Inbound/outbound business structuring
- Transfer Pricing Manual preparation and advice
- Advising on capitalising, withholding tax and double tax agreements
- Applications of GST to international arrangements
- Resident and expat tax effective salary packaging
- Preparation of tax returns
- Consulting and International Tax Arrangements.
- Formation of new business entities
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Registrations with corporate and tax authorities
- Regular management reporting
- Budget and KPI monitoring
- Treasury / cash flow management.
Accru Felsers partners are regular speakers and writers on topics affecting German-speaking businesses in Australia.
- Celebrating German business success in Australia – Steven Zabeti – German-Australian New Year Reception 2019
- Preparing your German start up for fast growth – Rebecca Beitzel – German-Australian Business News 2017
- Tighter transfer pricing rules now apply Glenda Nixon, German Australian Business News 2014
- Audit – an under-exploited asset for German subsidiaries – Michael Kersch – German Australian Business News 2012