Starting or growing a foreign enterprise requires careful consideration of many factors – like structure, taxation, human resources and cultural differences.
Without advisors who know the local landscape and understand your business culture, it can be even more challenging.
Founded by Austrian born Gerhard Felser in 1941, Accru Felsers in Sydney has helped many clients from Austria, Germany and Switzerland grow Australian businesses for over 70 years.
We enjoy a long-standing association with Roedl & Partner public accountants in Germany who have affiliate offices throughout Europe. We also have strong relationships with InterGest business process outsourcing specialists, the Austrian Trade Office and the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Sydney.
If your business is expanding into Europe or based overseas and entering the Australian
market, our team can offer you:
- German-speaking accountants supported by a multilingual team
- Knowledge of both European and Australian reporting standards, business systems and cultures
- Experience with establishing appropriate business vehicles, tax structures and financial reporting systems
- Relevant contacts to advisors in Europe.
We provide a broad range of services tailored to the specific needs of companies doing business in Europe and Australia:
Business and Corporate Advisory
- Advice on sale and acquisition of businesses
- Business valuations
- Due diligence reviews.
Audit and Assurance
- Audit of accounts according to local GAAP, IAS/IFRS or national GAAP
- Assistance with statutory accounts preparation
- Feedback on internal controls.
- Issues of permanent establishments and residency
- Inbound/outbound business structuring
- Transfer Pricing Manual preparation and advice
- Advising on capitalising, withholding tax and double tax agreements
- Applications of GST to international arrangements
- Resident and expat tax effective salary packaging
- Preparation of tax returns
- Consulting and International Tax Arrangements.
Business Process Outsourcing
- Formation of new business entities
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Registrations with corporate and tax authorities
- Regular management reporting
- Budget and KPI monitoring
- Treasury / cash flow management.
Accru Felsers partners are regular writers on topics affecting German-speaking businesses in Australia. Articles include
- Tighter transfer pricing rules now apply Glenda Nixon, German Australian Business News 2014
- Audit – an under-exploited asset for German subsidiaries – Michael Kersch – German Australian Business News 2012
- Interview with Michael Kersch – German Australian Business News 2011
- Australian tax change and the windfarm industry – Glenda Nixon, German Australian Chamber of Commerce website 2011