China’s travelling millenials – A unique event on the James Craig Tall Ship
1.2 million Chinese visitors spent $9.2 billion in Australia in 2016. These numbers are set to double with China’s savvy millenials making up a big proportion of them. Upwardly mobile and adventurous, this generation of travelers actively seeks unique holiday experiences and also buys Australian products and services when they return home. This is creating big opportunities for Australian businesses, not only in tourism but throughout the supply chain and many other sectors as well.
Join us aboard the James Craig and at the National Maritime Museum to learn why sophisticated market insights and cultural understanding are essential to cater to the needs of these globetrotters, and how Australian businesses can benefit from the boom in Chinese tourism.
Enjoy a pre-seminar guided tour of the James Craig tall ship to sample a unique tourism experience, and stay on for post-seminar networking with others successful in this market to learn about the broader opportunities.
A panel of tourism and business experts will lead a discussion on:
- Understanding the needs of Chinese travellers
- Ensuring tourist facilities and related businesses offer a unique experience
- Upskilling tourist providers with the right skill set to attract and increase visitors
- How the tourism industry can collaborate to create holistic experiences that attract Chinese millennials
- Support available to Australian businesses as they expand to offer services for the Chinese market
- Phillipa Harrison, Executive General Manager, International, Tourism Australia
- Simon Henry, Founder UWAI.com
Opening speaker: Steven Zabeti, Partner Accru Felsers, Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors.
Tour of the historic James Craig tall ship + Seminar with expert panel
+ Canapes and drinks on board the James Craig
All included in the ticket price!
This is a collaborative event by Asialink Business, Australia China Business Council and Accru Felsers.
- Date: Thursday, 3 May 2018
- Time: 5:00-8:30pm
- Venue: Maritime Museum, 2 Murray St, Pyrmont and James Craig Tall Ship, Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, Sydney (adjacent to the Maritime Museum)
- Price: ACBC Members $52.57, Non-members $75.45 (incl GST)
REGISTER NOW via the Australia-China Business Council website