Starting or growing a foreign enterprise requires careful consideration of many factors – like structure, taxation, human resources and cultural differences.
Without advisors who know the local landscape and understand your business culture, this can be challenging. Accru’s Sydney office, Accru Felsers has been helping Chinese and Australian companies successfully establish overseas projects, export businesses and joint ventures for over a decade. We are active members of the Australia China Business Council in Sydney. Through our membership of CPAAI, a global association with 150 offices worldwide, we can provide you with face-to-face advice wherever you do business. Visit www.accruasia.com to find out more about our Asian partner firms.
If your business is expanding into China or based overseas and entering the Australian market, our team can offer you the advantage of:
- Chinese-speaking accountants with experience in both Australian and Chinese business and culture
- Experience establishing appropriate business vehicles, tax structures and financial reporting systems for Chinese companies
- Relevant contacts to advisors in China via our association with CPAAI Hua De Alliance with offices throughout China.
We provide a range of services tailored to the specific needs of companies doing business in China and Australia:
Business and Corporate Advisory
- Advice on sale and acquisition of businesses
- Business valuations
- Due diligence reviews
- Listing on the Australian Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange, Asia Pacific Stock Exchange and Chi-X.
Audit and Assurance
- Audit of accounts according to local GAAP, IAS/IFRS or national GAAP
- Assistance with statutory accounts preparation
- Feedback on internal controls.
Taxation Consulting and International Tax Arrangements
- Issues of permanent establishments and residency
- Inbound/outbound business structuring
- Transfer Pricing Manual preparation and advice
- Advising on capitalising, withholding tax and double tax agreements
- Applications of GST to international arrangements
- Resident and expat tax effective salary packaging
- Preparation of tax returns.
Business Process Outsourcing
- Formation of new business entities
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Registrations with corporate and tax authorities
- Regular management reporting
- Budget and KPI monitoring
- Treasury/cash flow management.
See our fact sheet for Chinese Companies Doing Business in Australia or contact one of our Chinese-speaking accountants, Jean Zhang in Sydney email@example.com or Xin (Bruce) Wang in Melbourne firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Zabeti and Jean Zhang regularly present on issues affecting Chinese companies in Australia. Some recent examples include
- The audit and accounting aspects of Australian capital markets and ASX listings covered on the Chinese evening news here. (from 4:30).
- Listing a Chinese company on the ASX Australian Stock Exchange, extract from a joint presentation led by PMI Investment Group.
- Doing business in Australia for Chinese investors, some general information about Australian industry, tax system, regulation and bilateral trade.