Our work with clients
Accru Felsers is proud to have been involved in some of our clients’ most important milestones, tax wins and governance improvements. Here’s a sample of our diverse work with Australian and global organisations.
Our work: Starting businesses in Australia
Outsourcing solution for fast-growing German e-commerce startup
Established in Europe and USA, this rapidly expanding internet company was ready to launch in Australia. Their ambitious targets required a fast ramp up of integrated ecommerce, accounting and payroll systems. We designed and rolled out financial systems for the launch, acted as external CFO, and oversaw HR & payroll systems for 50 staff. We also managed back office services and monthly reporting to Berlin. The group grew phenomenally fast to become an early market leader in Australia. Our support enabled them to manage a high-volume of transactions and rapid growth with minimal financial risk and maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- We structured and established Australian subsidiaries for a Dutch fashion retailer, enabling them to achieve early success in Australia. We set up and continue to manage tax compliance, payroll and accounting to support their staffing and branches around Australia.
- An innovative German plumbing products company grew from a single representative office to an Australian market leader within six years. Their financial management was underpinned from inception by our financial reporting systems, CFO level support and international tax management.
- We helped a leading UK provider of professional healthcare staff to startup in Australia and continue to support their strong growth throughout Asia by providing a full suite of CFO services and financial reporting to London.
See our services for Starting a Business in Australia.
Our work: Growing global businesses in Australia, Asia & the UK
Successful UK business sale for a leading Australian sail maker
A successful Australian business owner was on a course for change. His aim was to reposition his business through its sale to his UK affiliate company while retaining his role as Australian Managing Director. Guided by our client’s goals, we negotiated and managed a successful sale which unlocked the personal return and additional resources that our client sought. Now travelling under the wing of a parent company, the business is proceeding to a secure and reinvigorated future. Our client is still at the helm, with Accru Felsers providing full tax, accounting and advisory support.
- We led a Malaysian hotel group’s acquisition of an iconic $140m hotel in Australia and undertook comprehensive due diligence. The purchase resulted in a windfall gain.
- Our tax planning and cross-border tax structuring work enabled a European duty-free retailer to adapt their business structure tax-effectively, to accommodate a new cruise line business operating throughout the Asia Pacific.
- Working with an Austrian kitchen fittings company for over a decade, we provided audit, assurance, due diligence and advisory services, helping them grow into a major Australian brand and achieve a successful vertical integration.
- Led the due diligence for a high profile takeover of our client, a leading Australian data driven ad agency, by a Japanese multimedia giant. The client’s tax, accounting and governance was managed by us since inception and in excellent shape which facilitated a smooth transaction. Learn more
Our work: Helping multinationals manage international tax & reporting
Transfer pricing win for German technology company
Our client had been subject to an aggressive review by the German tax authorities. Working with Australian Tax Office’s Speciality Transfer Pricing Area, we renegotiated the outcome and avoided double taxation between Australia and Germany without the usual costly and lengthy MAP (Mutual Agreement Procedure). The renegotiation resulted in a multi-million dollar tax refund for our client and substantial fee savings. Having an up-to-date transfer pricing manual was key to achieving this outcome.
- Before coming to Accru Felsers, this multinational real estate investment company was struggling with double handling and manual manipulation of large volumes of data for their global financial reporting. We saved them countless hours and dollars and achieved tight reporting schedules by implementing customised systems to simplify and speed up data processing by removing manual processing. This also enables us to give the client greater insights into their investments. Learn more
- Streamlined international transfer pricing and payroll tax management for a Danish water solutions company by communicating in Mandarin with their finance team in China when needed.
- Set up two flipups for Australian technology companies to establish US holding companies in order to raise funds from US investors, including tax structuring and eliminating negative consequences to the Australian shareholders.
- Negotiated with the Australian & New Zealand tax authorities for a voluntary disclosure made in respect to transfer pricing for a large German automotive manufacturer. We achieved a million dollar tax saving.
Our work: Assuring & protecting large organisations from risk
Australian not-for-profit providing disability services
Our client was under pressure to be more cost-effective. The Government had just introduced the National Disability Insurance Scheme so it was no longer ‘block funding’ providers. Instead, disabled recipients could use ‘credits’ with providers of their choice to encourage NFPs to become more competitive. Adding value to our audit, we used private sector best practices to streamline our client’s processes and introduce business efficiencies. This enabled our client to apply more funds directly to their services and remain in a strong and sustainable position in the new business environment.
- We employed data analytics techniques in our forensic investigation for a Chinese property developer and found excessive amounts on invoices for a multi-million-dollar property build could not be substantiated, highlighting that local directors had been acting in their own interests. We recommended employing a quantity surveyor to assess the actual materials required against invoices for materials purchased.
- Managing all the Australian accounting and taxation affairs for a global chemical company for over ten years, we achieved a low risk rating for a Multinational Anti-Avoidance Tax Review in an audit by the Australian Tax Office.
- Due to our deep understanding of our client’s listed US Scientific Instruments business, our auditors were able to assist their new Financial Controller to overcome the knowledge vacuum that had been left by the departure of the previous Financial Controller and finance team.
- We helped a German mining equipment & services company to streamline business processes and implement best practice controls for error detection, enabling the Head Office to have greater visibility over their Australian subsidiary’s financial management.
Our partners & principals are specialists in their areas who work together to deliver our clients the outcomes they seek throughout the entire business lifecyle. We scale our services for startups to multinationals. Please contact us to learn more.
Accru Felsers Chartered Accountants + Business Advisors
Level 6, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney NSW 2000
T: +61 2 8226 1655 E: firstname.lastname@example.org