- Career progression opportunities
- Fantastic culture
- City fringe location (Hawthorn East)
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with experience
We have an opportunity for a Management Accountant or Senior Accountant to join us, to work on our largest client. In this role you will manage the entire finance function, of our client based in the Not for Profit Sector. You will spend 80% of your time working on this client whilst also managing a small portfolio of mainly SME clients
Working closely with our Partner and a junior accountant your responsible will include:
- Providing daily support to the client finance team;
- Working closely with senior management within the business on budgets, invoicing, cost reconciliation and accounts payable;
- Liaising regularly with the Executive Leadership team;
- Management of grant funding;
- Reviewing and finalising month end Management Reports and presenting Management reports to the client’s board;
- Overseeing and reviewing the following:
- Maintenance of General Ledger and posting journals;
- BAS and Payroll tax preparation and lodgement;
- Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable management including day to day management of an AP/AR assistant;
- Bank reconciliations and credit card and cash takings reconciliation;
- General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliation;
- Fortnightly payroll calculation and payments;
- Oversee and managing the Audit and end of year process
- Providing assistance to the wider BAS team on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist in reviewing and overseeing other year end tax compliance work for the division; and
- Preparation of tax compliance work (financial statements, income tax returns, BAS/IAS, payroll tax etc.);
To be successful within this role you will have:
- Exceptional client management skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and trust;
- Around five years’ experience in a similar role within industry or a public practice firm;
- CA/CPA qualification (or partial completion);
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Experience mentoring junior staff; and
- Sound knowledge of all accounting products including Cloud solutions. Experience with Xero and Spotlight Reporting preferred
A knowledge of NFP or the aged care industry will be highly regarded.
This is a great role for a candidate with exceptional communication skills. This role would suit a candidate working within a similar role or junior accountant looking for that next step. It could also suit a candidate looking for a change from a typical public practice role!.
- Great culture and working environment;
- Ongoing training;
- Health and well being program including subsidised gym memberships, sit to stand desks; and
- Career advancement opportunities.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Kate Cain, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check.