- Mid-sized Chartered Accounting firm
- Close knit team
- Sydney CBD
Accru Felsers is a globally-focused, mid-tier chartered accounting firm with a long history of accounting excellence.We provide accounting, taxation, audit and financial advisory services to an impressive client base of multi-national and Australian businesses.
Established in 1941, today Accru Felsers leads the German-Australian inbound market and is well known in the international business space. As part of the Accru Australia network, we are ranked the 24th largest accounting firm in Australia and recognised for excellent client service in the AFR Client Choice Awards.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior Audit specialist to join our busy audit team as a Supervisor or Manager. Working within a fast-paced team environment you will work with a diverse range of clients across different industries both in our office and off-site.
The Manager/Supervisor will work closely with the Manager and Partners in providing guidance and coordination of audit team resources towards accomplishing all aspects of audit assignments. Reporting to the Audit Manager, your skills and contribution will be valued, and the team will rely on your skills to contribute to building the Audit division and taking it to the next level.
Responsibilities will include providing direction and guidance to the audit team, and assisting in the completion of interim and final audits by:
- Overseeing audit planning, field work and reporting, preparation of reports and communicating findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Reviewing audit workpapers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s methodology.
- Assistance and involvement with the development and training of the audit team.
You will also be involved in the accounting, taxation and financial report assignments.
This role has exposure to a great mix of international and Australian businesses across a wide variety of industries. Excellent training, gaining experience with large multi-national clients and flexible work hours are just a few of the benefits we offer.
Your experience and attributes
To be considered for this role you must have 5+ years’ local experience in external audit in a public practice. You will be both degree and CA qualified and have knowledge and experience in working with CaseWare.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (GAAPs, audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
- Extensive technical knowledge through research of tax queries, preparation of financial statements and relevant disclosures and understanding of complex issues
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management within strict reporting timetables, good research, written and verbal communications skills
- Adaptability to work effectively with new and changing situations including new industry regulations, where there may not always be a readily apparent solution
- The ability to view control issues and concerns from the perspective of the Audit Committee and Senior Management
- An ability to present concisely and descriptively in both oral and written format to all levels of management
- Pathway to becoming a Registered Company Auditor
We’d love to hear from you if you have a positive attitude, strong client relationship and resource management skills which will see you thrive in this role.
As you will be required to travel to various clients a driver’s license and ownership of a car is essential.
Our team is talented, sociable, hardworking and diverse. Social events and fun activities happen regularly, and you’ll find people at all levels friendly and supportive. Inclusiveness is fundamental to our culture, and we lead the accounting industry for gender and cultural diversity.
To apply, please forward a current resume, cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to Nicola Brown, HR Manager at email@example.com
Please note, due to the high number of applications we anticipate, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.