Attention NSW start-ups – Until 30 June 2020, the NSW Government is funding the ‘Business Connect program’ to give start-up businesses access to business skills training and support.
The program is split into the three areas outlined below. Each provider offers small businesses four hours of free advice and consultation.
BUSINESS – Meet with advisors who understand the challenges of starting a business and receive some initial business planning advice and actionable steps. Business Connect Advisors have success and experience in their own businesses and can be accessed via two locations:
- Western Sydney, the Hills, Camden and South Sydney – Western Sydney Business Centre
- Eastern suburbs – Realise Business
CREATIVE – Business owners throughout NSW can get information, training and support to run a business in the creative industries via Creative Plus Business who provide:
- Four 1-hour free chat sessions
- Continued support through the subsidised GROW program and six 1-hour advisory sessions for $249
- Subsidised PLAN sessions at a reduced cost
- Subsidised and free workshops and events for creative business people across NSW.
DIGITAL – Access advice on small business online strategies and technology via Net Stripes who offer:
- Digital readiness advisory session to help small businesses and start-ups to build a road map to grow and succeed online using modern digital marketing capabilities.
- Up to 34 hours of one-on-one digital readiness advisory over a three year period.
- First four hours are fully subsidised by the NSW Government, thereafter businesses pay an hourly fee.
To find out more about the Business Connect program visit: https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/business-and-industry-in-nsw/businessconnect/about-the-business-connect-program
If you’d like to take your business even further, Accru can assist with all aspects of business planning, management and growth. Please don’t hesitate to contact your local advisor.