The benefits of cloud accounting software like Xero, MYOB or Reckon are well known. But did you know you can also seamlessly manage other aspects of your business with some simple software add-ons?
Many businesses are now using cloud-based software systems because of their flexibility, real-time reporting and convenience.
To get even more from these great tools, think about what information and reporting you would benefit from in order to run your business better. If you’re a restaurant, that might meanm knowing the gross profit margin of each menu item. If you have staff on the road, you’ll want to know where there is down-time, so you can allocate jobs more efficiently. If you run a sales team, you’ll want to track their performance.It’s the add-ons to cloud accounting software that can really automate these types of business functions.
Top accounting software add-ons for small business
Once you have identified your needs, it should be easy to find the best software solution if your current accounting package doesn’t have what you need. Here are a few of our favourites which are all compatible with Xero.
- WorkflowMax is great for keeping track of things, helping you manage projects and jobs. Our fencing client loves the job-costing and has a good handle on where profit is made or lost, as well as what materials they need. Other businesses are able to time-track better, quote more efficiently, have better CRM and know how they’re tracking against quotes. This is one of the most powerful add-ons we know for making a difference to our clients’ businesses.
- Deputy If you’re spending a lot of time on employee rostering, this add-on can schedule and reallocate shifts with just one click. It’s great for staff communication because you can share messages, assign tasks and even reward employees. Our electrical contracting client uses it to schedule electricians in the field, and it even feeds into your payroll system.
- ReceiptBank Anyone who wants to be paperless would benefit from ReceiptBank, as it gives you online storage of receipts and invoices. You simply take a photo of your receipt or document using your tablet or phone and publish to the cloud. But the real time-saving comes from extracting the data in those receipts and invoices. At a click of a button you can extract information that would take your bookkeeper hours.
- Kounta Retail and hospitality businesses benefit hugely from this Point of Sale (POS) system. It’s ideal for the checkout process, processing payments, store management, multisite management, managing multiple products and inventory, and even for CRM. Working out the gross profit of a plate of food has never been easier!
- Crunchboards gives you real-time reporting, accessed from your accounting software, which can be used for budgeting, data comparison and KPI measurement. Our clients also use it to track the performance of non-financial data, making their planning and forecasting much easier.
These are just some of the powerful software add-ons that your business can benefit from, whether you’re on Xero or not.
Accru has helped many clients automate their businesses. Contact us if you’d like advice on tools that may suit your needs.